Follow these instructions before you come for your tan. Preparation is the key to a perfect result so you look your absolute best!
Your base tan will be scheduled for Friday with the schedule starting at 1pm. Please be sure to leave your afternoon open. There will be a $35 charge if you need to reschedule your time. We cannot stress enough that you must plan for this.
Please be sure to exfoliate & moisturize your skin daily leading up to the show. Do this for two weeks prior to the competition to prepare and condition your skin for the best tanning results.
STOP moisturizing one week prior to your tan & stop using deodorant at least one week prior to your tan. Please NOTE: Do NOT use products such as Dove soap, Body Butter, or Coconut oil as they will hinder your skins ability to absorb the tanning product.
Hair removal, other than on the face, should be done the night before your tanning session.
Before you come for your tan, take a shower to exfoliate and neutralize the skin with baking soda.DO NOT forget to scrub under your neck, underarms, and your back! After your shower, DO NOT apply lotion and DO NOT use deodorant or any other product on your skin (e.g., scented body sprays, cologne) as it may affect your color and it may make it difficult for you to dry.
After your tan wear dark, loose fitting clothing. A long sleeve button-up cotton top is best. Do not wear jeans, tight pants, underwear, or bras after being tanned.
ABOUT YOUR HAIR & MAKEUP APPOINTMENT
· Makeup and hair is done according to the order of events. All clients will be ready by the time the show starts.
· Please note, we schedule according to class first, then order number.
· Hair & makeup times are final. No time changes are available.
· Please arrive to your appointment with CLEAN & DRY hair.
· Wash hair the night before, apply a golf ball size amount of styling mousse into damp hair and blow dry hair upside down for maximum volume.
· Hair extensions should be clean, brushed out, and ready for application. We will install one set (max 7 pieces). There will be a $75 charge for additional pieces.
· Please arrive with CLEAN & MOISTURIZED SKIN.
· If you must wax, please do so at least one week before your show.
· Do NOT spray tan your face. We will match your colour with makeup. Spray tan on the face may affect the way your makeup goes on.
HAIR & MAKEUP TOUCH-UPS
· We are on site two hours before the start of the night show for minor touch ups (powder, lips, and light hair)
· If you require a major touch up (redo foundation, re-apply strip lashes, re-curl hair, etc.) there will be an additional charge.
· For touch-ups, we recommend bringing a hair brush, hairspray, powder (MACNEXT 2 NOTHING Powder in Medium Deep or Dark), a lipgloss (MAC Deelight or Spice)
· We have a Make Up For Ever touch up kit available at a special price for clients who book our services. It includes powder and gloss. Please inquire with Absolute Touch.